Doorbell Chime Diagnostic Tester Tools
Low Voltage Tester
New in Original Heat Sealed Package
Doorbell broken? No need to rush out and replace the entire device
when the problem may be limited to 1 small component. This tool gives you
an easy inexpensive way to determine which part of the door chime
Perform the following steps in order to test your hardwired door bell system:
Step One - Is there power at the Pushbutton?
- Place the probes of the diagnostic tool on the pushbutton terminals.
- If tool lights up, replace pushbutton.
- If no light, proceed to Step Two.
Step Two - Is there power at the Doorbell?
- Place the probes of the diagnostic tool on the terminals of the chime.
- If tool lights up, replace chime.
- If no light, proceed Step Three.
Step Three - Is the transformer converting line voltage to low voltage?
- Place the probes of the diagnostic tool on the terminals of the transformer.
- If no light, shut off circuit and replace transformer.
Manufactured by: Broan-Nutone
Part Number: RCDT900